As we come out of the period of national mourning, we will continue to hold in our prayers the late Queen Elizabeth II, and her family. Many people have expressed their appreciation for the additional services and vigils held in the days before the Queen’s funeral. St Peter’s Ruthin offered hospitality as the church was opened on the day of the funeral for those who wanted to watch the televised funeral service with others. Times of unexpected change such as people are experiencing in many areas of our common life can cause anxiety and be unsettling. But we are comforted by a God who is always ‘on our side’ and in whom we can hold fast with confidence, and take heart, that He is with us through ‘all the changing seasons of our lives’.
The life and work of Dyffryn Clwyd Mission Area
The next couple of weeks will see important meetings coming up as we move into autumn. Our churches are holding church committee meetings and the mission area conference (MAC) is meeting in early October – see below.
SUNDAY 2nd October 10.30am St Peter’s Ruthin
for all the congregations of our churches.
For the first time since before Covid, we will be holding a mission area service for all our church congregations. We are coming together as a worshipping community to give thanks for the witness and service of the people of the town churches.
As many of you will be aware, from 2nd October 2022 the congregations of
St Meugan’s Llanrhydd and St Mwrog’s Llanfwrog will be coming together and worshipping with the people of St Peter’s church in Ruthin, as one congregation.
We ask that as members of the Body of Christ here in Dyffryn Clwyd, we all join together to mark this new era in the life of the mission area and pray for continued renewal and growth in all our churches. As we journey together and seek to bring the Gospel of Christ to all, please support our fellow pilgrims as they face the challenges of the future, secure in the knowledge of our prayers, support, and love.
On 6th October the Mission Area Conference will meet to adopt the audited accounts for 2021 – which in accordance with charity law, must be posted on Charity Commission web site by 31st October.
As we say farewell to Rev Stuart Evans at the end of November, after many years of faithful services to the town centre churches, and we move into Advent, we will need to think about Sunday worship patterns. Please hold in your prayers the clergy and shared ministry team at this time, as they continue to serve and support us during the coming months.
Events coming up this weekend
- Sat 24th September Coffee morning and fundraiser Llanbedr DC is the coffee morning at Brain and Hazel’s The Barn Llanbedr Drive LL15 1UR. Starting at 10.00 am. Tea coffee cakes and fundraising fun!
- Sat 24thSt Michael’s and All Angels Efenechtyd will be celebrating their patronal festival – Gŵylmabsant on Saturday 24th September. A short service (2pm) will be followed by the throwing of the challenge stone, with three experienced stone throwers coming to ‘compete’, followed by much needed tea and cake! Money raised will go to the Wallich a charity which supports the homeless in Wrexham. We’re hoping to welcome people from across the mission area to this special event, all ages welcome. Please watch out for the poster in the coming weeks.
- 24th-25thSeptember Open Door at St Hychan 10.00am-4.00 pm.
- 28th September 8pm Llangynhafal service of meditation and Taizé chants.
- 30thSeptember Wynne Roberts is the Welsh Elvis as he returns for a wonderful evening of entertainment. Please check out https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/dyffryn-clwyd-mission-area-31131982011 for tickets, price £8.00. Doors open 6.30 pm, starts at 7.00 pm.
- Sat 1st October 2022 is Eco-Fest in Dyffryn Clwyd which will take place in and around Llanbedr DC churchyard. Joining with the diocese we will have a fun day celebrating nature. There will be stalls from Christian Aid, Caring for God’s Acres and craft stalls etc. Mindfulness walks up to Old St Peter’s fresh produce swaps and Borrow bus, much more. It is also a good opportunity to invite someone new to come along and find out more about the life of the churches in Dyffryn Clwyd mission area. All are welcome
- Teddy Bear’s picnic and Autumn Fair 1st October 2022 is the new date for the teddy bear’s picnic and Autumn Fare at Llanfair DC. Starting at 2.00 pm.